Wednesday 25 April 2007

I Think They Call It “Sod’s Law”

I’ve been patiently waiting for today for at least a couple of months. Now it’s here and I feel rubbish. I’ve been up and down for a while, more down than up to be honest. Today just seemed to top it all though.

My body obviously wasn’t content with me have a flare up of my arthritis, nor was it content with a slight cold and hayfever. It needed something else to give me an “edge”. So today it decided to add dizziness to the pile. Not just normal stand-up-rush-to-the-head dizziness, but proper full on falling-over-can’t-stand-up-for-love-nor-money dizziness. I got out of bed and immediately fell onto the floor. Not the best place to land as I narrowly missed hitting my head on the door as I fell. I hauled myself up and grabbed on to everything to make my way into the bathroom. My room is right at the top of the stairs, so as soon as I step out of my door I’m on the top step. Dangerous at any time but in the 4 years I’ve been in that room I’ve yet to fall down the stairs! I’ve probably cursed myself now! Soon as I let go of my bedroom door I was back on the floor again, this time right at the top of the stairs. I tried to get back up but that was unsuccessful. After a few more attempts I made it into the bathroom. By this point I was feeling down right sick but managed to make it into the bath for a shower after sitting on the floor for a while trying to get my head straight.

I just can’t attribute it to anything. I ate properly yesterday and it was only 6 in the morning so my sugar levels should still have been ok. By the time I needed to leave for work things were still spinning a bit, but not so much that I couldn’t drive; even though I did feel sick whenever I accelerated. As a result I think I annoyed half of Watford by driving at 25 mph all the way up to MX.

I feel marginally better now. I’ve eaten, and I’ve drunk a fair bit, although I still feel dizzy I feel better able to cope with it.

Sod’s Law…….because I’m going out tonight. I have been looking forward to this for ages. I’m off into Camden to see Richie Wermerling play his first proper gig for 12 years tonight and I can’t wait! His new music is fantastic, and now that G4 have split I feel the need to find myself a new stalking subject! Poor man!

1 comment:

OddThomas said...

Last time I felt like that I was in a field after having too much JD! Hope you're feeling a lot better today!!!

How was the gig? Any good?