Tuesday 17 April 2007

Home, James

Hels was up early to take Christopher to nursery whilst Pete was waiting in for the boiler man to come. I took this chance to have a shower and pack all my bits up so we could be straight away when it was time to catch my train. When I stayed with them last year we had a mad dash to the station so I could catch my train. Otherwise it would have been a good few hours wait till the next one!

I wasn’t due on the train till just after 1pm so we watched a film together then I played with Beth whilst Hels printed me out a set of the newest family photos. We discovered that Beth loves a little multi coloured elephant from her car seat so we brought that in and it kept her amused for a good hour, till hunger kicked in and insanity was restored!

We arrived at the station in plenty of time so there was no mad dash over the bridge to the other platform thankfully. I said my goodbyes and made my way up to the station. Virgin Trains staff are always so pleasant. They’re more than happy to offer to carry your case for you; mind you I was struggling with a suitcase and an across the body medium sized bag hobbling along with a crutch supporting one side of me.

I finally arrived back in sunny Watford and jumped straight into a cab at the station. I was pleased there were plenty there as I was feeling nice and relaxed and didn’t fancy trying to trek home on foot.

So that was my time away. Oddly enough I did feel much better for being away, I felt relaxed, and dare I say it……happy. Least, happier anyway. It made me realise that there is more to life than just working, coming home, flaking out and going to the doctors or hospital.

No comments: