Thursday 5 April 2007

Farewell Insanity!

Driving to work this morning I heard my phone beeping to signify a text message. Being the law abiding citizen that I am waited till I parked at work before I read it. Message from Sue; G4 splitting up after the tour. Whilst this group has played a big role in my life lately (not to mention brought me back to someone I’d lost contact with 8 years ago) I strangely am not overly sad about it. I logged onto the forum when I’d managed to haul myself up the stairs to double check the info was right, not that I think Sue would lie to me!

After 3 tours, eight years together and 3 successful albums that’s it. No more. Kaput. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Can’t think of anymore words!

The good thing to come out of this is that when the hysteria dies down I won’t have to read anymore of the rubbish that is posted on that forum to get to the interesting stuff. Always a huge bonus considering the amount of crap that people spout. The whole management-dropping-them saga enraged me beyond belief. Mainly because the guy who managed them was an old friend of mine who I used to present a show with when we were at Watford Hospital Radio. I know, I’m not the DJ-ing type now, but I was back then! We used to have a riot of an evening up there. Anyway, I defended this guy to the hilt and now I get the silent treatment for basically telling them all to get a grip because it’s all business at the end of the day!

It’s both sad and amusing to read people have been bawling their eyes out all day. People have been hitting the booze in a last ditch attempt to drown their sorrows, not that drinking ever helps or solve anything mind you. Come on people, get realistic, they were hardly ever going to be Take That.

Unsympathetic? Maybe. But maybe I’m living in the real world now.

2 comments:

OddThomas said...

Hear, hear! I've been in forums where it devolves into petty bitchiness, and it doesn't make for a nice experience.

However, you won't hear me complaining about G4 splitting! I've had enough of cover groups ... come up with something original, people!!!

Cath said...

This forum has untold amounts of bitchiness in it. If you dared ever to say a word against G4 then you'd be ceremoniously burned alive. Not a nice bunch of people if you dare to go against their views. Quite sad really

Anyway, every cloud has a silver lining!!! I don't have to read that crap anymore!