Tuesday 22 January 2008

Memory MIA

Errrr, what was I going to write?

All too often lately I find myself in mid-reach and completely unaware of what I was reaching for. Just now I was about to look something up and I have no idea what I was searching for, earlier I made a cup of tea…..or at least I thought I had. Giving it a stir to get some colour I realised I hadn’t put a tea bag in and I was stirring a cup of hot, weak milk. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t anything work related I was about to look up, but you can never be too careful.

Before I came in this morning I needed to go to the local supermarket to pick up some provisions for the remainder of the week. They’re not open till 8am on a Monday so I usually leave it till Tuesday, that way I can get my bits along with the newest copy of my trashy magazine of choice. Least that’s the plan anyway. I almost always forget what I’m going in for and end up buying what I can manage to remember. I hadn’t bothered to check before I went in if I’d had enough cash to pay for anything, so took a chance. Amazingly I did, and to my surprise I pulled out more that I knew I had. One time I don’t mind forgetting! Least now I’ve enough to pay for Thursday’s tickets. Bargain.

I’d even forgotten to tell my parents that my cousin was expecting a baby, well, not him, his wife is!

Now……who am I?!

1 comment:

OddThomas said...

I can totally relate to that - I usually get like that when I haven't eaten enough (dig dig)!!

Glad to hear you'll be coming Thursday ... hope my performance isn't disappointing...

;-)